On this 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga, you will travel with your friends or family as well as our driver with a private 4×4 vehicle or Minivan, you will Discover the remote Desert of Erg chigaga. On this private 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga will allow you to spend 3 nights in the best desert camp in erg chigaga and try different outdoors activities. Reconnect with nature and experience Morocco’s stunning outdoors, the vast open spaces and perhaps the biggest skies you will ever see.
This desert tour to erg chigaga is packed with traditional experiences and local interactions, making it ideal for any traveler who wishes to truly absorb the fascinating history, culture, food, nature and landscapes of Morocco. Note : This Trip can be shortened to 4 days and spend only 2 nights in the Sahara Desert.
Highlights of this 5 Days Desert Tour From Casablanca To Erg Chigaga :
Day 1 – 5 Morocco :
- Kasbah Telouat, and Ksar of Ait Benhaddou
- Spend a night in Ouarzazate in one of its tranquil lodges
- Walk through the nomads trials
- Walk through the Ksours of the south of morocco
- Meet local people and learn about their lifestyle
- Learn about the petroglyphs in the Desert
- Visit the nomads and learn about their way of life
- Spend 3 night in authentic desert tents in Erg Chigaga dunes
- Watch the sunset while u are enjoying the sandboarding in the dunes
- Camel riding through the golden sand dunes of Erg Chigaga● Spend a night in a guest house overlooking the Draa valley
- Discover the Lake Iriqui in the middle of the Sahara
Tour Itinerary : Private 5 Days Desert Tour From Casablanca To Erg Chigaga
1st Day : Casablanca To Ouarzazate
Your Private 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga starts in Casablanca where you will meet your driver in the morning. On the first leg of the journey, we’ll drive through the highway for about 2 h 30 mins. afterwards, we will travel through the high atlas mountains where you can enjoy the most beautiful landscapes of Tizi Tichka pass that reach an altitude of 2260m above the sea level.
The drive in the mountains takes around 3-4 hours and you will have a chance to enjoy the local food on the road and visit the Kasbah Telouat, which was the seat of the El Glaoui family’s power, thus sometimes also called the Palace of Glaoui. Continue driving through berber villages and in the afternoon, you can explore the Ksar of ait benhaddou which is a UNESCO world heritage site and a hollywood favorite filming location. Later on, we drive southeast to Ouarzazate, where you will spend the night in one of the tranquil guest houses including dinner and breakfast.
2nd Day : Ouarzazate To Erg Chigaga
In the morning, after your breakfast, we start our day by driving from your guest-house in Ouarzazate to the Berber desert camp in the Moroccan Sahara of Erg chigaga, at the great dunes of Erg Chigaga. The route follows the course of the Draa River, passing via Agdz, Zagora and M’hamid El Ghizlane (where you’ll leave the tarmac road behind).
Drive off-road for 2hrs to reach camp, arriving well before the sunset with a chance to do camel trekking and climbing the nearby large dunes of erg chigaga. Watch the sunset from the golden dunes. Enjoy the campfire and star-gaze. Evening meal & breakfast included on both nights.
3rd – 4th Day : Full Day in the Desert Erg Chigaga
Spend your days in the erg chigaga desert at leisure. Camel-trek out from camp after breakfast and then walk to explore the tallest dunes. Picnic lunches are included. Possibly take a short ride out in the 4×4 to visit nomads in the surrounding area.
Note : There are plenty of activities for those who either want to remain at the camp or venture into the desert.
5th Day : Erg Chigaga To Marrakech Via Lake Iriqui
Be prepared to depart earlier today. Early breakfast, then drive back to Marrakech, exit the desert a different route, to reach the tarmac road at Foum Zguid (after a 3 hours off-road drive via the dried salt flats at Lake Iriqui). Follow the route north via Tazenakht to once more join the route across the High Atlas mountain range per day 1. Expect to reach Marrakech lateafternoon / early evening. And here is where your 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga will come to an end. Your guide takes you to your hotel in the city or the airport where you say your goodbyes.
Included in your 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga
- Private Transportation with English speaking driver
- Pick up in Marrakech and drop off in Marrakech
- 1 nights accommodation in a guesthouse daily breakfast
- 3 nights in a desert camp in erg chigaga dunes
- Camel trekking ( camel for each )
- Desert tent
- Water, Tea in the desert
- Transfer by 4×4 as an option from and to the camp
- dinner in Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert
- Sand boarding
- Luggage service
- Entrance fees to Kasbahs and local guides
- Picnic lunch in the Desert
- Free stops
- Visiting all interesting places on the way
- Fuel for the entire 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga
- Tips and gratuities